Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Monday, September 27, 2010

Covering The Novel

I've been a bit neglectful of the novel in recent days, not getting a lot done, due to lack of time, and other distractions *coughWritersDigestcough*, but there's this:








Collin put this together for me. And in my opinion, it's perfect, and just right for the book. It takes that Rodin statue from the Israel Museum as the frontpiece (details in an earlier blog). And the lettering, background, and layout are just what I was looking for.

The text at the back is mine, slightly edited for space. Oddly enough, the only thing I might change is in the text, where the last word might be better substituted with something else.

And in other developments in the book, I've been in touch with a police constable who gave me some good tips on handguns and rifles. I wondered what he might have been thinking when my questions related to snipers hidden in the woods on an estate, but he was very helpful, particularly in giving me information that I wouldn't have otherwise known. Such as, for instance, the PSG1 rifle ejecting shell casings quite a distance away...

As usual, though, I'm getting ahead of myself. I've got more writing to do, and time is short. I've got a pack of terrorists to drive over the point of no return, after all....

2 comments:

  1. I confess. I love both the novel and the cover. But then, I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are! Mother of the designer and all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.