Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Sunday, June 30, 2013

True Patriot Maple Syrup

Before getting started today, a link for you. Authors For Oklahoma has its second blog up right here, with three more sets of books to be raffled off to benefit the American Red Cross in the wake of the Moore Oklahoma tornado. Check it out, and the instructions at the bottom of each blog as to how to participate. We'll be getting more blogs up soon enough.

Now then, to today's tomfoolery....



"A true Canadian is one who can make love in a canoe without tipping it." ~ Pierre Berton

"Sweetie, why haven't we ever done it in a canoe?" ~ Stephen Harper

"Let the name Trudeau be stricken from every history book in the land. Every archive and every database. Every internet site and every newspaper. Every monument and every building. Let his time in office be nothing more than a void in our history. Let the name of Trudeau be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men, under penalty of being subjected to Preston Manning and Don Cherry talking to them for forty years. So let it be written, so shall it be done." ~ Secret Directive #4582, Prime Minister Harper's Office, August 2013

"I had tracked him for days on end. It didn't matter how far I'd have to go.  If it was from Signal Hill all the way west to Tofino, I'd do it. If it meant hunting him from Point Pelee north to Tuktoyaktuk, I'd gladly do that too. There was no place my quarry could hide that I wouldn't follow. I would hunt him across the tundra, across the plains, across the mountains, across the Great Lakes. I would search in every corner of every city and every town. In every hole in the wall dive bar. In every place he could think of. It was only a matter of time. That infernal twit Ben Mulroney would pay for daring to ask me if Metallica was going to tour with Carly Rae Jepsen. For one thing, I didn't know or care who Carly Rae Jepsen was. For another, I wasn't that Lars Ulrich." ~ from the journals of RCMP Inspector Lars Ulrich



It's Canada Day tomorrow here, so of course I will be absent, off in the midst of thousands of crazy Canucks in our capital city. And I must be obliged to mark the occasion.



And without further ado, as I did last year, I'll give you places from each of the provinces and territories of the Great White North. Some I've been to. Others I would love to explore for myself. I'll be back with a blog for Wednesday, something similar for our American neighbours. Enjoy, and to all of my Canadian readers.... Happy Canada Day!

Viking Settlement Reconstruction, L'Anse Aux Meadows, Newfoundland

Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
Province House, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Franklin Roosevelt Summer Home, Campobello Island, New Brunswick

Wakefield, Quebec

Bruce Peninsula National Park, Ontario

Polar Bear Viewing, Churchill, Manitoba

Athabasca Sand Dunes Provincial Park, Saskatchewan

Auyuittuq National Park, Nunavut

Nahanni River, Nahanni National Park, Northwest Territories

Kluane National Park, Yukon

Mount Edith Cavell, Jasper National Park, Alberta

Takakkaw Falls, Yoho National Park, British Columbia



26 comments:

  1. Canada is absolutely beautiful. It's on my To-Do List.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful-eh? Have a happy Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful country. And canoe sex, too!

    It wouldn't be Canada Day without Lars. Is he leading the preemptive strike against us?

    Our secret is out. Dubya had the WMDs all along....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! William! Absolutely stunning photos of Canada!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. Canada is a huge country of beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me want to visit Canada! And happy Canada Day early!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @GK: it's a lovely land. Just ignore the PM.

    @Eve: I can't speak for all of us Canucks, but I don't say eh!

    @Norma: Lars is, of course, the most relentless lawman in the world...

    @Nas: you're welcome!

    @Mari: thank you.

    @Cheryl: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Canada Day! Sigh, what a beautiful series of scenes from the many corners of the country - you are so very lucky to live there! (Oh, loved that first quote:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the viking settlement photo and was amazed at how similar it is to the tourist attraction we have in my little town here in Denmark... the rest of your photos have absolutely no resemblance to this flat, over farmed land where the highest point in the country is the top of the man made Great Belt Bridge... Happy Canada Day William

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm an import...and I'm not leaving ...I love this country apart from you know who and the seal hunt.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos are a great advertisement for Canada. They make me wonder why we've never taken a vacation there. Something to put on my bucket list. (Even though I don't really believe in or have one.)

    Have a great celebration. I didn't realize it came so close to our be celebration of Independence.

    What is Canada Day exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Canada Day, Sir Wills.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Canada Day! Hope you have fun :) I've moved close to Canada now and I'm looking forward to exploring it a bit more, especially after those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peggy's Cove and the Polar Bear viewing would be top of my list William..Happy Canada Day, enjoy your celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are having some fun today! Happy Canada Day!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Canada Day, fellow Canuck! Wonderful photos of our lovely country. I'm going out East on my honeymoon and am so excited to see these gorgeous places!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Canada sorry I don't know the rest of the lyrics. I was going to send you a card but I don't think Hallmark makes one at least not in Wisconsin. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful places. I'd love to visit Canada one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome photos!!

    One thing I love about visiting is I always get a chance to read about, see about, and learn about stuff I don't get often.

    :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Kelly: thanks!

    @LondonLulu: oddly, that's the real quote!

    @Ida: I have yet to see L'Anse Aux Meadows, but I'm fascinated by it.

    @Jane and Chris: I'm not fond of you know who either...

    @Christine: Confederation was first enacted on the first of July in 1867, so the date is commemorated.

    @Shelly: thank you!

    @Meradeth: it's a country well worth exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Grace: thanks!

    @RedPat: I had a fun day.

    @Carla: you'll enjoy it!

    @Deb: we have our anthem in both official languages. I know the words for both, but you never really know which one the choir might start with...

    @Krisztina: you'd be welcome.

    @Diane: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The series of photos at the end is wonderful, William.

    And, if you can make love in a canoe without tipping it over, you're not trying!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you had a fab day! There are so many parts of CA I wanna see. Only been to Toronto and Niagara. I've always imagined driving the camper thru CA when i retire so I can take my time and enjoy the beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Canada Day, belatedly! And thanks for all those great photos - hope to make it to Nova Scotia this summer. Have only been to Halifax in the winter so far...

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Jack: well, it depends on how cold the water is...

    @PK: there's more than enough to see!

    @Annette: Halifax in the winter can be wet and disagreeable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.