Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

Some links before I get started today. Norma had a movie review. She also had a silly photoblog day. Yesterday having had been a Friday, Parsnip had a Square Dog Friday post. Eve's A-Z posts continue, and you can find one here and here. Mark had this post about his books. And the Whisk had a Friday question.

Now then, today I return to my regular dog and cat blogs. As always, I am starting with the point of view of the hound, who as usual can be counted on to be up to no good....


7:31 AM. Awake at home. Slept well. Dreamed of finding the long lost Inca City Of Bones. 


7:35 AM. Taking a look outside. Spring has finally sprung. Looks like we had rain in the night. Hopefully that means I can find a mud puddle somewhere when I’m out on my run.


7:43 AM. The human comes downstairs. Good morning, human! Is it a fine spring day out there or what? 


7:46 AM. Having breakfast. Wolfing down my kibbles at near record speed.


7:53 AM. Out the back door to start my morning constitutional. See you later, human!


8:13 AM. Running through the backfields, barking ceaselessly. Woof woof woof!


8:37 AM. Have just spent a few minutes chasing a rabbit. This one got away. Better luck next time!


9:05 AM. Stopping in my tracks on the McKillen farm. Here right before me is the Mother Of All Mud Puddles. 

I can’t resist.


9:23 AM. Running and jumping and playing and having a ball in the mud and water. 


9:48 AM. Okay, time to go home. That’s enough of that for one day.


9:53 AM. Strolling through the back fields. I happen to see that cranky cat on a fence post. She’s watching me. She shakes her head in dismay. I could be wrong, but she might be wondering if I’m crazy. Hey, cat! You should try running around in the mud! It might make you less cranky!


9:54 AM. The cat hisses her dislike, and I shrug and walk away. Fine. Be that way.


10:07 AM. Coming back home. Barking as I walk up to the house. Hello, human! Open the door!


10:08 AM. The human opens the door- I start up towards it, and she steps out on the deck and shuts it before I can go inside. What’s the problem, human?


10:09 AM. The human asks where I’ve been to get in all this mud. Oh, the McKillen place. The snowmelt really worked wonders in their back forty this year. It’ll be a couple of weeks before they can get in there to get any work done... now, how about letting me go inside?



10:11 AM. The human subjects me to the ordeal of the garden hose. Human! I’m not that muddy, and besides, I was drying off before you started hosing me down.


10:15 AM. Subjected to the Towel of Torment. Come on, human! I can dry off naturally! And don’t get started on wet dog smell.


10:22 AM. The human finally pronounces me cleaned up and lets me back in the house. Makes me wonder if she understands the appeal of a good mud puddle.


10:26 AM. Circling around three times before lying down in the living room for a nap.


1:05 PM. Slowly waking up from nap. Uh oh.... did I miss lunch?


1:12 PM. I have confirmed by the dishes in the dish tray that the human already had lunch. How on earth did she manage to eat without my hearing? Was I that deep in sleep?


2:23 PM. The human is hanging some washing out to dry. I am keeping post watching for the evil mailman. Sooner or later he’ll show up. I wonder why he’s so late today. He must be somewhere plotting something horrible and evil. Either that or he drove his car off a cliff. I would vastly prefer the latter, but I’m not sure the death of a postman would make the news.


3:16 PM. Come on, mailman, what's taking you?


4:15 PM. Back inside. Consulting the calendar. Wait a minute... today’s Saturday??? I wasted two and a half hours waiting for a postman who’s off today?


6:35 PM. Having dinner with the human. Bacon pancakes are always a good meal.


11:45 PM. The human is turning off the lights to get off to bed. Hey, would you leave the door open? If I feel like coming up later on and licking your feet, I’d rather not have to bark to be let in.



13 comments:

  1. I do hope cranky cat saw the garden hose treatment!
    The REAL Maple Syrup Mob xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your memes! Thanks for sharing these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting the happy puppy in the mud isn't going to have a happy human!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs do like mud!

    I'm kind of partial to the doggie starring in the remake of Gone With the Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh, the hose must be cold up there in Canada. The mud too. Brave doggies. Love the wieners playing chess. I miss having a smart dog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jane and Chris: the dog deserves it!

    @Diane: thank you!

    @Norma: definitely not!

    @Cheryl: isn't that spaniel a cutie?

    @Eve: Pinky and Fiona aren't smart?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kept picking my favorite and then having a new one. The two mud ones are the best, they look so happy.
    When thehamish was a wee puppy he chew up up a few items that I only found out about later. Naughty !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which is my favorite. They all made me laugh. I'm partial to German shepherds though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the h0me work ripped up paper and the smirk on the dog's face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are provided me with a lot of humorous information as to why I should get another dog and lots of humorous information as to why that's probably not a good idea at this point in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems that the mud puddle wins today. But the dogs in costume had my vote!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.