Monday, August 8, 2011
Boxers, Briefs, Speedoes, And Going Commando
In the last few days, several of my blogging friends have been answering a certain challenge called the Under Where Challenge. This started over at Eves' blog The Desert Rocks, where she was answering the same kind of challenge from Laila Knight. The idea's simple: answer a series of questions about underwear, and see where it takes us. Already we've seen some blogs to answer this one, and others who are promising to do the same.
These four bloggers, in addition to Eve, have already played along with the challenge. Among the rest of the gang of rogues and scoundrels I'm acquainted with who've been challenged are Norma, April, Mark, and Shelly. We're expecting answers, people!
Now, before the questions, I'll issue this challenge to a few extra bloggers to see what they can come up with, if they're willing to play along....
Scarlett and James (rumor has it our alter egos will have lots of fun with this one)
Don't Hate Hubby
The Happy Whisk
And without further ado... the questions.
1. What do you call your underwear/undergarments? Do you have any commonly used nicknames for them?
Boxers, of course, since that's what they are. I wouldn't give them nicknames, mind you. Sort of odd calling that pair over there "Nigel", or that pair "Lord Brutus Victorious" or that other pair "Dear God it's cold today, break out the flannels, you idiot!"
By the way, why do we call it a pair? It's one piece of fabric, damn it!
2. Have you ever had that supposedly common dream of being in a crowded place in only your underwear?
No, but I have had the occasional dream of being up on a rock face with only my climbing boots, the rope and harness, and my underwear on. Does that count?
3. What is the worst thing you can think of to make underwear out of?
Glass, of course... Poison Ivy would probably be worse. Yes, the poison ivy would be worse.
4. If you were a pair of panties, what colour would you be?
Psychedelic purple. The real question is... who would I be on?
5. Have you ever thrown your underwear at a rock star or other celebrity? If so, which one(s)? If not, which one(s) WOULD you throw your underwear at, given the opportunity?
Easy: Sarah McLachlan, who, of course, is a goddess. Though to be honest, I don't think she'd appreciate it. I could throw them at Courtney Love, who'd probably use it to distill some heroin.
6. You're out of clean underwear. What do you do?
In such circumstances, I must, naturally, go commando. I... probably shouldn't have said that, should I? Now everytime you hear me say I have laundry to do, you'll be wondering if the jeans or the shorts are the only stitch of clothing I've got on below the waist line. Answer: there's also the socks. Keep wondering.
7. Are you old enough to remember Underroos? If so, did you have any? Which ones?
What the bloody hell is an Underroo?
8. If you could have any message printed on your underwear, what would it be?
"If You're Reading These Words, We're Getting Lucky Tonight."
9. How many bloggers does it take to put panties on a goat?
The real question is: how pissed off will that goat be if you're trying to slide panties onto it? And by extension, what fraternity are you a part of if they make you do that?