Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Today I thought I would do another Six Sentence Sunday blog, from Heaven & Hell. The following passage features the very start of the assault on a villa in the Aegean. The passage is from the perspective of two members of the counter-terrorist team sent in to take down the Covenant. Yes, I know, blasting the hell out of a villa in such a lovely place is a cardinal sin, but considering what I did earlier in the novel, that's comparatively little more then kid's games....


No, this isn't the villa in question, but a nice spot in Greece, don't you think?


Tarif and Kalvos had started moving when they heard the explosives charges go off. They bolted out from behind the cypress tree to head for the terrace, and saw the columned arch around the front door to the villa. Tarif recognized the shapes of Devon and Stryker there, along with the momentary light of the small detonation fading into the night. He and Kalvos were both sprinting, aiming their MP5s as they went. Both men opened fire at the terrace windows. The glass began to shatter.

14 comments:

  1. I hope you release this when I'm on school break, or I might ignore my school work to read it. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: mention the pool, since it's there on the terrace earlier in the book!

    It occured to me that during the current chapter, I haven't mentioned it so much as once, though the pool is put to good use for some adult situations between two members of the Covenant earlier in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those names! When is it going to be finished???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soon! I'm close!

    Tarif is my Druze character, one of the primary protagonists in the book. Kalvos is from the Greek counter-terrorism unit, and I rather liked the name, so I went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought we went over this. I thought I should get some insider information as well about this Very Bad Thing....The little birdie hasn't been by to visit me yet....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me hooked from the start, but that's a great six sentences. I'm going to soil myself if I don't get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth--I have it on good authority he's going to ask you to be a beta reader....

    Good selection, Sir Wills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see one small error I'll have to correct...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This excerpt sounds interesting. This is my first time here, however. I'll have to go through some of the earlier posts and see what else I can find on this promising upcoming best seller!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cardinal sin? Andrew Greeley reference?
    Sounds like I better duck and get out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. William,

    You have definitely peaked my interest. "Cardinal Sin?" I can't wait to read your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've captured me! My interested, anyway. Great six sentences.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.