Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Monday, May 2, 2022

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

I decided to stay with the point of view of the dog and the cat for another go around. As always, it's the dog's time to go first.


7:03 AM. Waking up at home. Slept exceedingly well. Dreamed of chasing the mailman up a tree.


7:05 AM. A look outside finds mixed conditions. Looks like we could get some rain today. That's okay, I don't mind running around in the rain. But first things first. 

Breakfast!


7:10 AM. Waiting on the human to get downstairs and see to my breakfast. I can't make it myself, after all. I can't get into the cabinets. More's the pity.


7:18 AM. The human comes downstairs. I wag my tail furiously in greetings. Fine day, isn't it, human? Say, have you put any thought into my breakfast?


7:21 AM. Watching the human pouring me a big bowl of kibbles.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy....


7:22 AM. Licking my chops after finishing off breakfast. That was good!


7:24 AM. Inquiring with the human as to if she'll let me out so I can have a run.


7:25 AM. The human starts opening the door and tells me not to get skunked again.

Come on, human! That's never going to happen again!

Bye!


7:37 AM. Running through the back fields, barking my head off, as happy as I can be.


7:51 AM. Stopping by to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike!


7:53 AM. After the customary doggie greetings, Spike and I set to discuss pressing matters. The dark motives of the vets. What the mailman might be up to. The movements of the squirrels.


7:59 AM. Spike and I agree to keep each other updated by the bark network as to any squirrels passing through our properties. No matter how many of the neighbours might be annoyed by it.


8:04 AM. Parting ways with Spike. See you later!


8:12 AM. A splash through the creek in the woods is always invigorating.


8:27 AM. Barking at the back door for the human to let me back in. Human, it is I! Loki, Annoyer of Mailmen and Chewer of Slippers!


8:28 AM. The human intercepts me with the Towel of Torment before I can run in and shake off my wet fur inside. Come on, human! I can dry off naturally! There is no such thing as wet dog smell.


8:35 AM. After a brisk treatment from the Towel of Torment, I am finally allowed in and now settle in on the living room floor for a well deserved nap.


10:56 AM. Scarfing an oatmeal cookie from the human while she has her coffee.


12:30 PM. Lunch with the human. I have succeeded in mooching a ham and cheese sandwich from her.


1:28 PM. Barking at the mailman as he drops off mail down at the box and drives away.

Don't you ever come back here!


3:40 PM. The human is having tea. I am happily eating another cookie I've convinced her to give me.

Life is good.


5:23 PM. The human is busy making dinner. I am sitting quietly in the living room when lightning flashes and thunder crashes. 

I respond by running as quickly as I can into the basement.


6:36 PM. The human calls me upstairs for dinner.

Is the thunder gone yet?


6:40 PM. Dinner with the human. She's having meatloaf with broccoli for some reason. She's cut up some meatloaf on a plate for me. Very good. I like this.


8:33 PM. Sitting with the human on the couch, contemplating life's mysteries. Why are thunderstorms so scary?


11:26 PM. The human is off to bed. Well, good night, human. Please keep your door open. If it starts thundering again in the night, I'm running straight for under your bed.

10 comments:

  1. Between you and me, Timmy is the one who should be on a leash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timmy needs to be locked up where he can't get in trouble. Lassie deserves some peace and quiet.

      Delete
  2. Love the Lassie memes. AND the flying Corgi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I have missed this post ? ? ? Every post is so perfect.
    Love the Timmy ones ! The flying Corgi is the best... we have a flying Scotty one but not as clear as this one.
    Plus adore the last Scotty one. That is truly iwinston !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is doing weird things. I've tried leaving comments at all your recent posts and they wind up vanishing.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, thunder! Good thing we don't get too much of that! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are all so cute and funny ~ can't pick a favorite ~ Lol ~


    wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.