It is time, once again, for the perspective of the dog and the cat. As always, I start with the dog, who gets so easily distracted all the time.
07:03 AM. Waking up. Big stretch. Slept well. Dreamed of chasing squirrels.
07:05 AM. Checking outside. No sign of squirrels. More's the pity.
07:09 AM. Waiting on the human to get downstairs. After all, breakfast won't see to itself, and I lack opposable thumbs.
07:20 AM. The human finally comes downstairs. I thump my tail furiously on the floor in greetings. Good morning, human! Fine day, isn't it? Say, have you put any thought into my breakfast?
7:22 AM. Watching the human pour me a big bowl of kibbles.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy....
7:23 AM. Have polished off the kibbles, two seconds short of my all time fastest record.
That was good.
7:26 AM. Making inquiries with the human about getting out for a run.
7:27 AM. Out the door and on my way. See you later, human!
7:36 AM. Running through the back fields, as happy as I can be. Life is good!
7:51 AM. Stopping by to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike!
7:53 AM. After the customary doggie greetings, Spike and I discuss matters of the greatest significance. The consistency of kibble. What the squirrels are up to. And does it involve a secret alliance with the mailman.
8:00 AM. Parting ways with Spike, who assures me he'll keep an eye out for that awful mailman.
8:20 AM. Splashing through the creek in the woods. Nice and cool.
8:35 AM. Barking to let the human know I've returned. Human! It is I, Loki! Annoyer of Mailmen and Chewer of Slippers!
8:36 AM. The human intercepts me from getting inside and applies the Towel of Torment. Human! I'm only a little wet. And there is no such thing as wet dog smell.
10:35 AM. Mooching a cookie off the human while she has her morning coffee break.
12:21 PM. Mooching a ham and cheese sandwich from the human.
1:30 PM. Barking at the mailman as he stops at the mailbox and drops off stuff. Get lost, you fiend!!!!
3:14 PM. The human is having afternoon tea. I have scarfed a cookie from her.
4:00 PM. Watching the Weather Channel. Possibility of thunderstorms tonight.
Uh oh....
6:25 PM. The human has made bacon pancakes for dinner tonight. I have a plate set aside for me.
Yummy!
8:47 PM. Pondering life's great mysteries. How much is that doggie in the window?
11:30 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human. Sleep well.
11:58 PM. A sudden bolt of lightning and thunder outside. I respond by running like hell upstairs and hiding under the human's bed where it's safe.
Any idea when the thunder will end?

























No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.