Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

A Day In The Life Of A Cat

As is always the case, the cat must get the last word in on these things, what with being a supreme being walking the earth.


7:00 AM. Waking up at home. Slept well. Dreamed of vast fields of catnip.


7:02 AM. An examination of the exterior from the back of the couch. Some flying lunches pecking around in the grass. If it wasn't for this glass, I'd be hunting you right now...


7:09 AM. Waiting on the staff to get downstairs. Come on, staff, I don't have all day. I've got things that need to get done. 


7:18 AM. The staff finally gets downstairs. It's about time, staff. Are you aware I've already been up nearly twenty minutes and have thus far been deprived of food?


7:20 AM. Articulating my wishes for breakfast to the staff. I must be very precise with her, after all. She keeps giving me field rations despite my many protests that they are not to my liking.


7:22 AM. The staff puts my breakfast down for me. The plate of chicken and the bowl of milk are welcome. However, she has also put down a bowl of field rations. 


7:24 AM. I have finished with the chicken and the milk. I am entirely ignoring the field rations, and will leave the staff to have her breakfast in peace and quiet.


7:34 AM. Somewhere off in the distance I can hear the barking of that idiot mutt from down the road. I don't understand the purpose of dogs. I'm just saying.


7:40 AM. The staff is heading out the front door to go to that work place she insists on being in most of the week. Very well, staff. Remember, we're running low on milk.


7:42 AM. The staff drives out to the road in her car. Well, techically speaking it's my car, since I own this house and everything in it, including the staff.


8:01 AM. Watching the Weather Network. Possibility of storms this evening. I can live with that.


8:20 AM. Okay, I think that a nap is in order.


11:23 AM. Waking up feeling well rested. And a bit hungry.


11:25 AM. An examination of the kitchen has determined that the only food out in the open is that bowl of field rations.

Oh well. What must be done, must be done.


1:30 PM. Down the road, I can hear the barking of that foul mutt. The mailman must be making deliveries.

What is it with dogs and mailmen?


2:10 PM. Zoomies from basement to second floor.


4:48 PM. Woken from second nap by staff opening the front door.


5:03 PM. Supervising the staff as she unpacks some groceries. Ah, yes. The milk. Very good, staff.


6:27 PM. Dinner with the staff. She's cut up some meatloaf for me into bite sized pieces, which I much appreciate. She insists on having broccoli with hers for some reason.

6:54 PM. Leaving my staff to do the dishes. After all, you know how cats feel about water.


8:23 PM. Lying in the living room, pondering the mysteries of existence. Did the ball of string come before the cat?


11:38 PM. The staff is off to bed. Good night, staff. Sleep well.


11:59 PM. Lightning and thunder outside. I have come upstairs to safe guard my staff and am engaged in making biscuits on the blankets at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.