Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Monday, September 9, 2024

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

 It is time once more for the perspective of the dog and the cat. As always, the dog gets the first say in these things, because he's so easily distracted by everything. Especially squirrels.


7:04 AM. Waking up. Big yawn and a stretch. Slept very well. Dreamed of revenge against my enemies. A list topped by the mailman.


7:07 AM. Looking out the front door. Some birds pecking around in the grass. Looks cool out there, but no frost yet. It'll come soon enough. 


7:13 AM. Waiting on the human to come downstairs and see to my breakfast. After all, I'm hungry and desire some sustenance. But the big problem is, I can't open doors.


7:19 AM. The human comes downstairs. I vigorously thump my tail against the floor in greetings. Good morning, human!


7:21 AM. I follow the human into the kitchen. She picks up my bowl from the floor. Oh, good!


7:23 AM. The human is pouring me a big bowl of kibbles.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy....


7:24 AM. Have just finished off breakfast. That was good!


7:27 AM. Making inquiries with the human as to if she'll let me out for a run.


7:28 AM. Out the door and on my way. See you later, human! 


7:40 AM. Running through the back fields, barking my head off, as happy as I can be. Life is good!


7:53 AM. Dropping in to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike! 


7:55 AM. After the customary doggie greetings, Spike and I set to discussing matters of great importance. Is the tail wag the answer to the question about what the meaning of life is?


8:02 AM. Spike says that fall is coming. Oh, I know, Spike. You can feel it in the air, especially on a day like today. How long do you think before we get snow?


8:15 AM. Parting ways with Spike. He promises to keep me up to date when the mailman drops by at his place.


8:27 AM. Taking a splash through the creek in the woods, getting nice and wet.


8:41 AM. Returning home and barking. Human! It is I! Loki! Chewer of Slippers and Annoyer of Mailmen! Let me in.


8:42 AM. The human catches me with the Towel of Torment before I can sneak inside.

Human, there is no such thing as wet dog smell.


10:30 AM. The human is having coffee. I am using my patented sad eyes look to convince her to give me a cookie.


12:10 PM. Lunch with the human. She's given me a ham and cheese sandwich. Yum!


4:55 PM. Spent some time watching a baseball game on television. First, that's a lot of flying balls. Second, that score was a massacre.


6:28 PM. Dinner with the human. She's chopped up some stewing beef for me. She's having carrots with hers. This is good, human.


8:45 PM. Lying on the couch, pondering the great mysteries of our time. Is the quest to catch a squirrel a futile one?


11:38 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human. Sleep well. I'll be down here guarding the house.

In between naps. Naps are always important.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gracious! These are hilarious! Dick Cheney? That's hilarious too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.