Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Monday, May 20, 2024

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

It is time once again for the perspective of the dog and the cat. As always, the dog gets the first word in on these things, since he has a really short attention span.

7:03 AM. Waking up at home. Big yawn and a stretch. Slept very well. Dreamed of chasing squirrels.

7:06 AM. Looking outside. Lots of birds pecking around on the grass. No sign of a squirrel. Otherwise I'd be barking by now.

7:10 AM. Waiting on the human to get downstairs and see to my breakfast. After all, I can't open cupboards, what with not having opposable thumbs.


7:19 AM. The human comes downstairs. I thump my tail vigorously against the floor. Good morning, human! Fine day, isn't it? Say, it'd be swell if we got to my breakfast, wouldn't you think?


7:22 AM. Watching as the human pours me a big bowl of kibbles.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy....


7:23 AM. Licking my chops after finishing off breakfast just three seconds short of my all time fastest record of finishing breakfast.


7:28 AM. Making inquiries with the human as to if she'll let me out for a run.


7:29 AM. Out the door and on my way. See you later, human!


7:32 AM. Running through the back fields, barking my head off, as happy as I can be. Life is good!


7:48 AM. Stopping in to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike!


7:50 AM. After the customary doggie greetings, Spike and I get down to discussing essential matters. The movement of the enemy squirrels. What the mailman does on weekends. 

7:54 AM. Spike and I discuss expectations for the coming days. Supposedly some rain is in the forecast.

Well, that's good. Rain is good to splash around in.


7:57 AM. Parting ways with Spike to begin the journey home. See you later, Spike.


8:07 AM. Passing through the woods, as happy as I can be.


8:12 AM. Passing by the property where that cranky cat lives. Hey.... there she is on the grass. With her focus up a tree.

I should go say hello.


8:14 AM. Advancing quietly towards the cat, who still doesn't know I'm here. I think I'll surprise her.


8:15 AM. Within three meters. Okay, close enough. Now then, be ready to run at a moment's notice once I start barking....


8:16 AM. Sprinting back to the woods, thoroughly pleased with myself after making that cat jump for the heavens. Sure, she's chasing me, but it was worth it.


8:18 AM. Still hearing the howls of rage coming from back where that cat lives, and various feline curse words. Boy, is she mad.

Oh, well, time to get home.


8:31 AM. The human lets me in when I get home. Human? For the record, don't believe anything if that cranky cat calls and makes accusations.


10:28 AM. The human is having coffee. I have mooched a cookie from her.


12:15 PM. Lunch with the human. She's been kind enough to provide me with a ham and cheese sandwich.


6:28 PM. The human is having dinner. She's cut up some bacon and apple pancakes for me.


11:48 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human. Sleep well. 

I'll be down here guarding the house. In between well earned naps.

2 comments:

  1. I identify with the doggie who wants to travel the world for adventure but also wants to stay snug under his blankie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.