Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

Once again it is time for the perspective of the dog and the cat. As always, I must begin with the dog's point of view, since any moment he can get distracted and go running after a squirrel.


7:01 AM. Waking up at home. Big stretch! Slept very well. Dreamed of gnawing on a good bone.


7:04 AM. A check outside of the premises. Looks like it may be another hot day, but the human says the summer will be coming to an end soon. I'd better get my morning run in early. But first things first. Breakfast.


7:07 AM. Waiting patiently on the human to come on downstairs and see to breakfast. I mean, I can be patient. Because I'm a good boy. A very good boy.

No matter what that cranky cat down the road says about me.


7:12 AM. The human comes downstairs. I vigorously thump my tail against the floor in greetings. Good morning, human! Fine day, isn't it? Say, have you given any thought to my breakfast? Because I'm a bit hungry right now.


7:14 AM. Watching with great expectations as the human while she's pouring me a big bowl of kibbles.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.....


7:15 AM. Licking my chops after finishing off breakfast. That was good!


7:19 AM. Inquiring with the human as to if she'll let me out for a run.


7:20 AM. Out the back door and on my way. See you later, human!


7:29 AM. Running through the back fields, barking my head off and as happy as I can be. Life is good!


7:48 AM. Dropping in to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike!


7:49 AM. After customary doggie greetings, Spike and I get down to discussing the pressing issues of the day. Just how much longer summer will last. What the mailman's hidden agenda is. What the squirrels are up to.


7:53 AM. Spike and I confer on the ideal speed one must have to intercept a squirrel within the last twenty meters.


7:59 AM. On my way back home. Spike says he'll bark to let me know when the mailman's been dropping stuff off at his mailbox.


8:10 AM. Wandering through the woods on my way home.


8:14 AM. Stopping in the stream to splash about and roll around. Cold water feels good.


8:22 AM. Barking at the door to let the human know I've returned. Human! It is I! Loki, Chewer of Slippers and Annoyer of Mailmen!


8:23 AM. The human opens the door, but has intercepted me with the Towel of Torment before I can rush inside. Human, come on! There is no such thing as wet dog smell, and you know it.


8:26 AM. Satisfied that I am dry, the human lets me inside.


10:38 AM. The human is having coffee. I am persuading her to give me a cookie.


12:11 PM. The human is having lunch. I employ use of my sad eyes trick to convince her that I ought to have a ham and cheese sandwich.


1:30 PM. Barking at the mailman from the front porch as he drops things off in the mailbox.

You are a horrible person! You hear me? A horrible person! Don't ever come back here again! 


3:05 PM. The human is having afternoon tea. I have mooched an oatmeal cookie from her.


6:28 PM. Dinner with the human. Macaroni and ground beef. This is very good, human! 


8:29 PM. Pondering the great mysteries of existence. Why do cats cough up hairballs?


11:33 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human, sleep well.

If you hear me barking at four in the morning, never fear, it's just me barking at the wind.

14 comments:

  1. "Hey Lassie, where's Timmy?"
    "Don't know, don't care"
    "Word"
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love so many of these today that it is hard to pick just one.
    Thank You for the smile today, I needed one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are joyfuls and lovelys for me. And everyone have his own character. It is very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with River and you. I love that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lassie, no, not Timmy-- get the mailman!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thecontemplativecat here. Loved them all. My son had a big tom named Scuba. What a character. Lived to be 17.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.