Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Monday, October 17, 2022

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

It is time once more to look at the point of view of the dog and the cat. Since the dog has such a short attention span, he always gets the first word in on these things before he gets distracted by squirrels.


7:01 AM. Waking up at home. Boy, the days are getting shorter and shorter, aren't they? Not quite dawn yet.


7:05 AM. A look outside. I may be mistaken, but it looks like we've had frost in the night. Well, sooner or later we're going to get winter, which means playing in snow drifts.

But first things first. Jumping in leaf piles.


7:22 AM. My human comes downstairs. I thump my tail against the floor in greetings. Good morning, human! Fine day, isn't it? Say, I don't mean to push, but have you thought of making my breakfast?


7:25 AM. The human is pouring me a big bowl of kibbles. 

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...


7:26 AM. Licking my chops after finishing off breakfast. Some would say you should take your time and savour each bite of your breakfast.

I am not one of those people.


7:28 AM. Inquiring with the human if she'll let me out and about for a run.


7:29 AM. Out the door and on my way. See you later, human!


7:30 AM. Have confirmed that yes, there's been frost in the night. Nice chill to start the day off with. Well, the human's got the fireplace ready at home, so I can have a nap later on. But first things first: a good run.


7:48 AM. Running through the back fields, barking my head off.


7:57 AM. Stopping by to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike!


7:59 AM. Spike and I discuss matters of great importance. The nefarious schemes of the vet-mailman alliance. The best time to have an afternoon nap. What the squirrels are up to.


8:04 AM. Spike advises me that his people had visitors over for Thanksgiving. Including little kids. Spike! You could have come over to my place. All my human had over was her parents, and they're not the sort who run around and try to catch your tail.


8:07 AM. Spike and I talk about that whole Hallowe'en thing coming up soon. Yes, little kids coming to the door and demanding candy. At least our humans don't dress us up for it.

Yet.


8:10 AM. Spike and I go our separate ways. He says he'll bark to let me know when the mailman is stopping by.

Sooner or later, Spike... that evil monster will take a hint.


8:35 AM. Coming up to the back door, barking to let the human know I've returned. Human! It is I! Loki, Annoyer Of Mailmen and Chewer of Slippers!


8:42 AM. Circling around in the living room precisely three times before settling down on the floor.

Because twice is too few and four is too much.


10:53 AM. Woken up out of my nap by the human settling down with some morning coffee. And a couple of cookies.

I mooch one of them off of her.


12:27 PM. The human is having lunch. I have successfully convinced her to give me a ham and cheese sandwich.


1:28 PM. Barking my head off at the mailman as he stops to drop off mail.

Get lost, you monster!!!!


2:43 PM. The human is busy raking leaves. I am waiting for all of it to get piled up so I can tunnel through it.


4:22 PM. The human tells me to stop burrowing into the leaf pile and come in.

Come on, I was about to set an all time record for leaf spelunking.


4:39 PM. The human is having afternoon tea. She gives me an oatmeal cookie.


5:27 PM. The human is cooking in the kitchen. I smell stewing beef. This is good.


6:40 PM. Dinner with the human. She's given me a plate of stewing beef. For some reason she's mashed hers in with vegetables. Go figure.


8:35 PM. Lying on the couch, pondering the mysteries of existence. 

Why do cats like catnip?


11:28 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human. I'll keep watch over the house in the night.

In between naps. Because every good dog needs naps.

And I am a good dog. A very good dog.

No matter what the mailman says.

10 comments:

  1. Spelunking, huh? Very cute post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the PetSmart one. Very good collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "then we noticed you had couches" Very funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Scotty picture and YES iwinston does have deep thoughts. The problem is he forgets them. Loved the hyperspeed one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as long as his deep thoughts don't involve going on another adventure.

      Delete
  5. These are absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.