Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Monday, September 12, 2022

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

It is once again time for the point of view of the dog and the cat. As always, the dog has the first say, since his attention span is so short and he is so easily distracted by literally everything.


7:05 AM. Waking up. Slept soundly. Dreamed about chasing squirrels. 


7:08 AM. A look outside. Boy, the days really are getting shorter, aren't they? Fall's coming. Frosty nights and cool days and leaves turning. Well, they've already started. The point is sooner or later the human's going to be raking them into great big piles, and I'm going to be able to jump into those piles.


7:13 AM. Patiently waiting on the human to come downstairs. Well, I sort of have to. After all, I can't open doors on my own, and I can't see to my own breakfast. 

Patience, Loki. Patience. All good things come to good dogs.

And I am a good dog. A very good dog.

Just don't believe a word from the vet or the mailman.


7:21 AM. The human comes downstairs. I start to thump my tail against the floor in greetings. Good morning, human! Fine day, isn't it? Say, by any chance have you put any thought into my breakfast yet?


7:23 AM. Watching the human pour a big bowl of kibbles for me.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy....


7:24 AM. Licking my chops after polishing off breakfast.

That was good!


7:26 AM. Making some inquiries with the human as to if she'll let me out for a run.


7:27 AM. Out the door and on my way. 

See you later, human!!!


7:33 AM. Running through the back fields barking my head off, as happy as I can be.

Life is good!


7:50 AM. Stopping by to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. Hey, Spike!


7:51 AM. After the customary doggie greetings, Spike and I discuss matters of pressing concern. When we'll see the first frost. The early migration of birds. What malevolent scheme the mailman is up to.


7:54 AM. Spike tells me his people are having company over on the weekend. Spike, seriously... if there are kids involved in this company, you can bunk in with me. I know I don't like kids, and I know you feel the same way.


7:57 AM. Spike and I part ways. He promises he'll keep me advised of the arrival of the mailman when he turns up down here. See you later, Spike!


8:10 AM. On my way home, sniffing at things as I go along.


8:24 AM. Coming to the back door, barking to let the human know I'm back. Human! It is I, Loki! Chewer of Slippers and Annoyer of Mailmen. Let me in!


8:26 AM. The human has let me in, and I make my way into the living room and find... 

...company?

Wait a minute, that's the vet.

Human!!!!!!! Why is the vet here?????


8:27 AM. The vet is trying to socialize and make nice with me. On the one hand I don't see any equipment or indication she's making a house call. On the other hand, she's the vet.

I'm onto you, lady. You're evil. Pure evil.


9:19 AM. The vet is on her way out. The human is talking with her about my next appointment. 

Human! No! I don't need check ups!


9:22 AM. The human and I are alone. Human? I am not amused by your bringing that... that... that horrible evil person into this house.


10:27 AM. Have spent the past hour pouting. The human brings me out of it by giving me a cookie.

You're forgiven.


12:11 PM. Lunch with the human. She's provided me with a ham and cheese sandwich.


1:29 PM. Barking at the mailman as he drops things off at the box and drives away.

Get lost, you evil fiend! And never come back!


3:30 PM. The human is having tea. And she's given me a cookie.


6:39 PM. Dinner with the human. Bacon pancakes really hit the spot if you ask me, and you are asking me.


9:04 PM. Lying on the couch, pondering life's great mysteries. What circle of  Hell did vets get tossed out of anyway? And why didn't Dante make mention of them?


11:43 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human! Sleep well. I'll keep a close watch over the house during the night.

In between naps.

14 comments:

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.