Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Andros, Greece

It's been awhile since I've done one of these, so I thought I'd run with one today. In the past, I've tended to select sentences at random from across my upcoming Heaven & Hell, but these six sentences come from the same place in the manuscript. They're the end of a late chapter in the book, featuring a conversation between my two main characters, Stryker and Devon, en route to Athens, and a final reckoning with my antagonists, the terrorist group called the Covenant...


“Preaching to the choir, Devon,” he told her, half smiling, setting his head back.
“You were never in a choir,” she remarked in mock annoyance.
He closed his eyes. “No, but I dated a choir girl years ago.”
She smirked. “I’m not interested in your tawdry social life.”

13 comments:

  1. I only see four...but they're good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I counted six... though two of them are quite short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should probably do this with 7 Scorpions: Revolution since it's coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I counted six as well. Interesting characters. Some sexual tension here, or am I projecting? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Yup, on second glance, there are six sentences there...and they're excellent ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Mohamed, you're not projecting. I've peppered their interaction with that on more then one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this is great. Thanks for sharing. Love the tiny twist in that short amount of space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interesting ! the last sentence was great.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice. They have great communication and sound so at ease with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Love. I could see the personalities straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "tawdry" - one of my favourite words.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.